Monday, April 16, 2012

Taking a Stand

Week #2, Day #2
Last week's gain was more than disappointing.  It was also a loud and clear wake-up call that if I don't get a grip, I will gain back every pound I have worked so hard to lose.  I don't think I could stand doing that to myself yet again.

Today, then, is me taking a stand.  I will not do this to myself anymore.  I deserve better.  If anyone else jerked me around and made promises they didn't keep and hurt me this much, I'd kick their ass :)  So why tolerate it from me?  Why put up with this crap?

I am making myself this promise: at this Saturday's weigh-in, I will see a loss.  I will see a good number.  I will see a good start heading back toward my goal.  And I will do what I need to do, starting today, starting now, to make sure that happens.

4 comments:

  1. Love the no excuse attitude I know you've got this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I witnessed this promise to yourself and I am holding you to it! You can do it! Work hard and see results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rachelle and Sharona! I really want to make some positive changes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point! Sometimes just stating the obvious such as "you wouldn't tolerate anyone else making false promises" is just the outlook you need to see it clearly! Can't wait to see your results Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave your feedback, support, criticism, suggestions, etc. P.S. If you leave an "anonymous" comment, please let me know who you are, because otherwise I don't know who is commenting :)